January 26, 2011

Healthy-ish Cookies by Nicole

1 c. butter, softened
1 34 c. white sugar
1 c. brown sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
2 large eggs
3 c. flour
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon
1 c. milled flaxseed
1/2 c. flaked coconut
2 c. rolled oats
2 c. craisins
1 c. dark chocolate chips (I use a little more....maybe 1 1/4 - 1 1/2)
dash of sea salt
1-2 TB milk (or water)

Preheat oven to 350 (325 convection). Grease cookie sheets or line with parchment paper. Cream together butter, sugars and vanilla until light and fluffy. Add eggs, beating well after each one. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and cinnamon. Gradually add to creamed mixture. Then use that bowl to combine the remaining ingredients (except for the milk). Fold in (or use the lowest setting to stir in if you are using an electric mixer). If the mixture is a little dry, add some milk or water (I add about 3 TB milk). Bake for 12-14 minutes (I bake for about 11 minutes on convection).


No comments: